Top Ten Reasons To Watch Shark Week
Discovery Channel’s addictive Shark Week begins Sunday, August 10th, featuring the fascinating creatures of the deep that everyone just can’t get enough of. This is Volkswagen’s third consecutive year as presenting sponsor for Shark Week. #VWSharkWeek
In honor of the annual week-long television event, we have compiled this list of reasons why you should jump on the bandwagon.
1) If this promo commercial is any indication of what this year’s Shark Week will be like, it will be magnificent. Discovery Channel released this amazing 30-second clip.
2) Aquariums all over the country are joining in on the Shark Week celebration. Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium is having its own official Shark Week with special programming and events showcasing its 11 species of sharks. For more info, visit sheddaquarium.org.
3) You can learn more about yourself, and personally relate to Shark Week in some way. Take the “What Kind of a Shark Are You?” interactive quiz.
4) Sick of talk shows? ‘Shark After Dark’ is hosted by comedian Josh Wolf, featuring celeb guests and shark experts. You can send in questions and comments via Twitter.
5) You get to enjoy Shark Week super fans (#finatics) and their crazy antics to get attention, like this kid. Cool baked items, Photoshop fun, amateur videos and more will be shared everywhere.
6) Rob Lowe loves Shark Week; enough said.
7) You get to join in on Shark Week teasing Sharknado. Discovery poked fun at Syfy’s ‘Sharknado Week’ this promo video.
8) Zombie Sharks
Nowadays everyone is into zombies. Now you get to watch shark experts turn sharks into zombies! Check out his highlight from ‘Zombie Sharks.’
10) Great White Matrix
You get to watch sharks attack cameras! In this preview clip, a great white called “Sidewinder” destroys cameras in this scene from ‘Great White Matrix,’ part of the Shark Week 2014 lineup.
Are you convinced yet? Click here to get the entire Shark Week 2014 TV Show Lineup.
Feel like shopping? Check out all the cool Shark Week stuff in the VW DriverGear Store.