Before we could even get used to the fact that it’s already 2013, January had already come and gone. And with it, Volkswagen had the chance to celebrate some of its best sales ever. According to a recent press release put out by the automaker, sales for January spiked by 6.7 percent.
“With all the buzz that comes with the North American International Auto Show, the release of our Super Bowl advertisement, ‘Get Happy,’ and a full line-up of new and refreshed vehicles, Volkswagen is off to a solid start in 2013,” Jonathan Browning, president and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America Inc., said in the press release. “While the economic conditions continue to be somewhat uncertain, we expect Volkswagen to achieve continued growth and to outpace the industry this year.”
To get a feel for what Volkswagen was celebrating (and what they accomplished in the matter of one month), here are a few highlights, as laid out in the press release:
- January sales total 29,018, best January since 1974
- Much-anticipated Game Day ad released
- Best January since 1974 with 29,018 units delivered and a 6.7 percent increase over the prior year
- Chattanooga-built Passat had its best January ever with 8,856 units delivered
- Best January for Golf since 2000 with 1,532 units delivered
- Jetta sedan achieved 9,089 units in January
- Sport utility vehicles, the Tiguan and Touareg, reported sales of 2,114 and 962, respectively
- High-mileage, clean diesel TDI models accounted for 19 percent of sales in January
To learn more about what drives VW sales, swing by Bill Jacobs Volkswagen. We’d be happy to have you.